Sunday, September 7, 2014

I Can't Thank You Enough - SSC84

I was very honored to be asked to be a guest designer for September for the Sunday Stamps challenges. Thanks so much! For anyone visiting my blog from the Sunday Stamps site, welcome!
 
                             
 
When I received the sketch, I had a really hard time deciding what to do with it. For some reason, all I could see was a cape, lol. Finally, after several tries, some inspiration came to me, and this is what I ended up with. I find it to be somewhat vintage/country looking, and somewhat girly. I used a bunch of different gold/brown based ribbons for the bow, and love how it turned out.

 
 
Recipe (all Stampin' Up!)
 
Stamps: Chalk Talk
 
Ink: Mossy Meadow and Strawberry Slush Stampin' Write Markers, Baked Brown Sugar (sponged edges)
 
Paper: Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White card stock; All Abloom DSP Stack
 
Misc: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Sponge Daubers, Burlap Ribbon, Gold 1/8" Ribbon, Gold Baker's Twine, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals





---------------
 
If you live anywhere in Canada, including Quebec, and would like a copy of the new 2014-2015 catalog, or to order these items or any other Stampin' Up! supplies, please contact me: emily@emilymark.ca

4 comments:

  1. Great card Emily! Love the burlap ribbon mixed with the gold ribbon & baker's twine. Great having you as a guest designer at Sunday Stamps this round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card Emily. I too love that burlap, as well as the All Abloom DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Emily! I love the papers you chose to use inside and outside of your card. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Sunday Stamps this month. You did an awesome job!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you as a guest designer at Sunday Stamps Emily! Really like how you used the burlap ribbon on your card and the sponging on your tag.

    ReplyDelete