Thursday, March 6, 2014

Single K-Cup Holder

I had a challenge to make a tea bag holder for a Facebook group, but I don't have any tea bags at home so I decided to make a Keurig K-Cup holder instead. I had a request to post directions on how to make it, so I've included them below.


Directions:

Start with a piece of 11"x5" card stock (I used Pool Party).

Score on the short side at 1 1/2" and 3 1/2".

Score on the long side at 1/2", 2 1/2", 4 1/2" and 6 1/2".

On both long sides, cut each score line to the perpendicular score line.

Cut off the 2 flaps beside the 1/2" x 2" part.

With a 1 3/4" circle punch, punch in the middle of the 2" x 2" square beside the 1/2" x 2" piece.

Punch with the long end with the scalloped tag topper punch.

Fold on all the score lines and use adhesive to form a box.



Decorate as you want. I wrapped the box part with a 2" x 8" piece of Sweet Sorbet DSP, and the two sides of the back part as well. I wrapped a piece of silver baker's twine around the box, and added a Pour Toi sentiment from the Chalk Talk set, attached with a mini clothespin. On top of the K-Cup, I attached a flower made with Crisp Cantaloupe card stock and the Spiral Flower die. I added a large rhinestone to the middle of the flower for some extra sparkle.



-----------------

If you live in Canada and would like a copy of the new Occasions catalog, or the Sale-a-bration flyer, or to order these items or any other Stampin' Up! supplies, please contact me: emily@emilymark.ca
------------------

DEALS OF THE WEEK!

Ribbon!! Paper! Rhinestones!
Until March 10 or while supplies last!!
Contact me to place an order :)



No comments:

Post a Comment