Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Butterfly Birthday - NAC80

Seems like Fridays keep ending up being a 20-minutes-before-work-make-a-card kinda day. I've been so slammed with work this week I haven't had time to play in my craft room since Sunday. :(

This card is for the colour challenge this week over at Nacho Average Challenge. The ladies there are so friendly, you should go try it too!




I have to admit these are not colors I ever use! I've only got ink and paper in these colours, so I had to make do. I ended up "stamping off" the background splotches (stamping first on scrap paper) to give them a more muted colour. I also *never* make cards with so few layers and no embellishments, but it looked done to me. (Plus I had to leave for work!)

Recipe:

Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Happy Watercolor, Petite Pairs

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Basic Grey

Paper: Marina Mist and Whisper White card stock

Misc: NONE!


-----------------

If you live in Canada and would like a copy of the new Occasions catalog, or the Sale-a-bration flyer, or to order these items or any other Stampin' Up! supplies, please contact me: emily@emilymark.ca

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, I did a minimal-layers card with butterflies too! I think you did a great job with the colors, especially if they're out of your usual comfort zone. Nice use of the swishy watercolor stamp as a base for your butterflies. Thanks for joining the Nachos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card!! So spring-y!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Emily! I really like how you stamped off the background stamp from the Happy Watercolor stamp set. The butterflies look great. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges! Hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.O.V.E. this! It always amazes me what amazing cards you come up with in such a small amount of time! Thanks for playing along with us again. Hope to see you back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Fabulous idea to layer those butterflies on the watercolors! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete